Call for Nominations – The 519 Annual General Meeting 2022-23
Wednesday, June 29, 2022:
The 519 Board of Management is currently seeking candidates for a minimum two-year term (September 2022 – September 2024) who possess a robust mix of skills, knowledge, and experience and reflect the diversity of the communities that The 519 works with.
In order to be elected to our Board of Management, the nominee and nominators (2) must be Members of The 519. Membership is the best way for you to show your support for The 519. Your involvement helps keep our community vibrant, diverse, and connected.
Become a member, or renew your membership online
Priorities include continuing to advance the representation of members from equity-seeking communities, including:
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) communities
- Trans / Non-binary people
- Older 2LGBTQ+ adults
- People with disabilities
Priority will be given to applicants living in the catchment area.
Skills and Experience Priorities:
Skills gained through a variety of experiences, including lived experience, in at least one of the following priority areas are considered an asset:
- Financial literacy
- 2LGBTQ+ community engagement and advocacy
- Fundraising and philanthropy
- Community services
- Government Relations
- Board leadership and development
Nominees must meet the following minimum requirements:
- be over the age of 18,
- be a resident of the City of Toronto (residency includes living in the City of Toronto, owning or tenanting land there, or being the spouse of an owner or tenant),
- be a current Member of The 519. At least 6 of the 11 elected members must reside in The 519’s catchment area. The catchment area is bounded by Bay, Bloor, Parliament, and Gerrard streets, and
- not be in a restricted category as defined in the City of Toronto’s Public Appointments Policy.
The 519 also requires confirmation of the following:
- membership status – become a member of The 519,
- your two nominators must be members of The 519,
- the contact information of two members of The 519 who have agreed to nominate you for the Board of Management,
- provide signed declaration providing full disclosure of any conflict of interest or perceived, and declaring your understanding and commitment to fulfill the role of a Board Member,
- a short biography that will be published on The 519 website and shared with eligible voters,
- a photo of yourself that will be published on The 519 website and shared with eligible voters (optional but preferred), and
Please review The 519 policies and strategic priorities here.
Application and Nomination Form
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in becoming a Board member, please apply on or before Monday, August 8, 2022, 5pm by filling out the Application and Nomination Form.
Application and Nomination Form
All candidates that meet the eligibility requirements will be interviewed remotely by the Nominations Committee between August 15-22, 2022. Candidates will be provided various options for participating in the interview for equitable access:
- Online/virtual video conferencing
- Phone-based interview
- Option to use The 519 building and equipment to be able to participate in the virtual video interview. All health and safety policies for space use are to be followed.
Nominees will be notified of their status on September 1, 2022. Voting will take place in person, on Wednesday, September 28, 2022, at our Annual General Meeting.
Get our newsletter and special updates