The 519’s Glitterbug 2SLGBTQ+ EarlyON Mobile Program is a unique mobile program that works with EarlyON Centres across Toronto to promote inclusion and affirmation of gender and sexual diversity among children and families.
Glitterbug combines the understanding of 2SLGBTQ+ inclusion with a play-based learning approach for children and families to develop a broader understanding of inclusion at EarlyON Centres across the city and in the early learning years sector.
Programs and Services:
- 2SLGBTQ+-affirming Interactive workshops for parents, caregivers, and guardians.
- 2SLGBTQ+-affirming drop-in programming to support queer, trans, and 2Spirit inclusion.
- Designated program for 2SLGBTQ+ families
- Special events and pop-up visits
Current Glitterbug Programs for Queer and Trans Families and Gender-creative Children:
Glitterbug 2SLGBTQ+ EarlyON Mobile In-Person Programming
Following health and safety guidelines from the Toronto Public Health, Glitterbug is now open for drop-in programming for kids 0-6 years.
- The 519 [519 Church St.] Saturdays, 10:00 am to 1:30 pm
- East End Children’s Centre [200 Wolvereigh Blvd.] Thursdays, 4:00 to 6:30 pm
- Various EarlyON centres. Check with your local EarlyON for when Glitterbug is visiting!
Have questions or need more information, get in touch with us at Glitterbug@The519.org.
For more information about our EarlyON programs and events, visit our EarlyON Program page.
Masking remains optional but recommended
For more information, or to speak with a member of the EarlyON Team, contact Sharn at SPeters@The519.org.