Are you just beginning to learn about queer, trans, and two-spirit communities in Ontario, or are you looking to refresh your understanding of gender and sexual diversity?
This 2-hour course, delivered online (via Zoom) by The 519 Education and Training team, can help you gain a deep understanding of 2SLGBTQ+ communities and creating authentic spaces at work and at home.
Topics covered include:
- Discussing common terms used to express sexuality and gender diversity in Ontario
- Using and respecting people’s pronouns
- Ontario’s Human Rights Code policy on gender identity and gender expression
- Understanding the difference between sex, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation in relation to the Code
- Understanding affirmation and allyship and their importance as ongoing practices
Course dates and times – 2022:
4rd Tuesday evening of each month from 5:00 – 7:00pm (EST), click on the date to register via Zoom
* These are stand-alone sessions. Participants can attend any one.