Call for Nominations – The 519 Annual General Meeting 2021-22
Monday, July 12, 2021:
The 519 Board of Management is currently seeking candidates for a minimum two-year term (September 2021 – September 2023) who possess a robust mix of skills, knowledge, and experience and reflect the diversity of the communities that The 519 works with.
In order to be elected to our Board of Management, the nominee and nominators (2) must be Members of The 519. Membership is the best way for you to show your support for The 519. Your involvement helps keep our community vibrant, diverse, and connected.
Become a member, or renew your membership online
Priorities include continuing to advance the representation of members from equity-seeking communities, including:
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) communities
- Trans / Non-binary people
- People with disabilities
- Youth (ages 18-25)
- Older LGBTQ2S adults
Skills and Experience Priorities:
Skills gained through a variety of experiences, including lived experience, in at least one of the following priority areas are considered an asset:
- Philanthropy and fundraising
- Community services
- Government Relations
- Advocacy of LGBTQ2S issues
- Financial literacy
- Digital services innovation
- Board leadership and development
Nominees must meet the following minimum requirements:
- be over the age of 18,
- be a resident of the City of Toronto (residency includes living in the City of Toronto, owning or tenanting land there, or being the spouse of an owner or tenant),
- be a current Member of The 519. At least 6 of the 11 elected members must reside in The 519's catchment area. The catchment area is bounded by Bay, Bloor, Parliament, and Gerrard streets, and
- not be in a restricted category as defined in the City of Toronto's Public Appointments Policy.
The 519 also requires confirmation of the following:
- membership status – become a member of The 519,
- your two nominators must be members of The 519,
- the contact information of two members of The 519 who have agreed to nominate you for the Board of Management,
- provide signed declaration providing full disclosure of any conflict of interest or perceived, and declaring your understanding and commitment to fulfill the role of a Board Member,
- a short biography that will be published on The 519 website and shared with eligible voters,
- a photo of yourself that will be published on The519 website and shared with eligible voters (optional but preferred), and
- a video of yourself explaining why you believe you should be elected to the Board of Management of The 519 that will be shared with eligible voters (optional but preferred)
Please review The 519 policies and strategic priorities here.
Application and Nomination Form
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in becoming a Board member, please apply on or before Monday, August 9th, 2021, 5pm by filling out the Application and Nomination Form.
Application and Nomination Form
All candidates that meet the eligibility requirements will be interviewed remotely by the Nominations Committee on August 16-19, 2021. Candidates will be provided various options for participating in the interview for equitable access:
- Online/virtual video conferencing
- Phone-based interview
- Option to use The 519 building and equipment to be able to participate in the virtual video interview. All health and safety policies for space use to be followed.
Nominees will be notified of their status on September 1, 2021. Voting will take place remotely, on Wednesday, September 29, 2021, at our virtual Annual General Meeting (details of which will be shared shortly).
Get our newsletter and special updates