Call for Nominations – The 519 Annual General Meeting 2018-19
The Board of Management is currently seeking candidates for a minimum two-year term (October 2018 - September 2020) and who possess a robust mix of skills, knowledge and experience, and reflect the diversity of the communities that The 519 works with.
In order to be elected to our Board of Management, the nominee and nominators (2) must be members of The 519. Membership is the best way for you to show your support for The 519. Your involvement helps keep our community vibrant, diverse and connected.
Become a member, or renew your membership online
The Board's recruitment priorities include continuing to advance the representation of:
- Individuals from a cross-section of age groups
- Members of diverse racial and ethno-cultural communities
- Members from Indigenous communities
- Trans people
Skill and Experience Priorities include:
Deep understanding and demonstrated competencies in:
- Board leadership and development
- Community services sector
- Community neighbourhood development/planning
- Philanthropy and fundraising
- Strategic communications
Nominees must meet the following minimum requirements:
- be over the age of 18
- be a resident of the City of Toronto
- not be in a restricted category as defined in the City of Toronto's Public Appointments Policy
The 519 also requires confirmation of the following:
- membership status - be a member of The 519
- your two nominators must be members of The 519
- the contact information of two members of The 519 who have agreed to nominate you for the Board of Management
- provide signed declaration providing full disclosure of any conflict of interest or perceived, and declaring your understanding and commitment to fulfil the role of a Board Member
- a copy of your current resume or curriculum vitae
- a short biography that will be published on The 519.org
- a photo of yourself that will be published on The519.org during the nomination process
Please review The 519 policies here.
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in becoming a Board member, please apply on or before Tuesday, August 28 2018 5:00pm by filling out the Application and Nomination Form.
All candidates that meet the eligibility requirements will be interviewed by the Nominations Committee either on September 11 and 13 between 6-9pm. Nominees will be notified of their status by September 14. Voting will take place on September 26, 2018, at our Annual General Meeting.