Call for Nominations – The 519 Annual General Meeting 2017-18
The 519 Board of Management Nomination Committee is currently seeking candidates for two-year term positions, who possess a robust mix of skills, knowledge and experience, and reflect the diversity of the communities that The 519 works with. Board of Management positions for The 519 are appointed by the Toronto East York Community Council.
In order to be elected to our Board of Management, the nominee and nominators (2) must be members of The 519. Membership is the best way for you to show your support for The 519. Your involvement helps keep our community vibrant, diverse and connected.
Become a member, or renew your membership online
Board recruitment priorities include continuing to advance the representation of:
• Individuals from a cross-section of age groups
• Members of diverse racial and ethno-cultural communities
• Members from Indigenous communities
• Trans people
Skill and Experience Priorities include:
Deep understanding and demonstrated competencies in:
• Financial expertise (professional designation is an asset)
• Senior working level experience in leading Philanthropy and Fundraising
• sharing knowledge; leveraging extended networks; innovation; use of technology in fund development
• Strategic communications
• Community and neighbourhood development / planning
• be a member of The 519
• the nominators (2) must be current members of The 519
• be over the age of 18
• be a resident of Toronto
• a minimum of 6 board members must live in the catchment area bounded by Bloor, Bay, Gerrard and Parliament Streets; up to 5 board members may live outside of the catchment area
• not be in a restricted category under provincial legislation (e.g., City of Toronto employees are restricted from being on City Boards in the City of Toronto)
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in becoming a Board member, please apply on or before September 5, 2017 5:00pm by filling out the Application and Nomination Form.
All candidates that meet the eligibility requirements will be interviewed by the Nominations Committee either on September 19 and 21. Nominees will be notified of their status by September 25. Voting will take place on September 28, 2017 at our Annual General Meeting.