The 519 Education and Training team provide organizations with the insight, tools and understanding to create environments that are LGBTQ-inclusive, respectful and welcoming.
The 519 is proud to recognize TD for their support of our Education and Training work.
In 2016, 10,000+ people participated in our education and training sessions. Each year, hundreds of non-profit, public sector and corporate organizations work with us to advance LGBTQ inclusive spaces where people can be their authentic selves.
We offer consulting, training and custom education services for each organization, providing training that's relevant to your context and your unique requirements.
- LGBTQ Inclusive Environments (workplace and service provision)
- Trans Inclusive Environments (workplace and service provision)
- Creating Authentic Spaces: Fostering environments that are inclusive of gender identity and gender expression (English and French)
- LGBTQ Inclusive Learning Environments (schools, colleges and universities)
- Inclusive Care Environments for Older LGBTQ People
- LGBTQ Inclusive Sport and Recreation Environments
- Meeting the Needs of LGBTQ Newcomers and Refugees
- Inclusive Environments for LGBTQ Families
- Inclusive Shelter Environments for LGBTQ Youth and Adults
- Inclusive Housing Environments
- Inclusive Sexual Health Services
- Queer-Positive Prenatal Class
Our training facilitators have lived experience within the LGBTQ community, and provide meaningful personal insight that supports the development of LGBTQ-inclusive environments.
We have helped a variety of organizations to foster and develop LGBTQ-inclusive environments, including University Health Network (UHN), Michael Garron Hospital, TD Bank, TELUS, the Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada, the City of Toronto and the Ontario Public Service.
Book a free consultation to build a custom training program for your team.Laura Gibbon
Supervisor, Education and Training
416-355-6772 | LGibbon@The519.org