The 519 Education and Training team provide organizations with the insight, tools and understanding to create environments that are LGBTQ-inclusive, respectful and welcoming.
The 519 is proud to recognize TD for their support of our Education and Training work.
We create custom curriculums for each organization, providing training that's relevant to your context. Individual modules can be selected based on your unique requirements.
- LGBTQ Inclusive Environments (workplace and service provision)
- Trans Inclusive Environments (workplace and service provision)
- Creating Authentic Spaces: Fostering environments that are inclusive of gender identity and gender expression
- LGBTQ Inclusive Learning Environments (schools, colleges and universities)
- Inclusive Care Environments for Older LGBTQ People
- LGBTQ Inclusive Sport and Recreation Environments
- Meeting the Needs of LGBTQ Newcomers and Refugees
- Inclusive Environments for LGBTQ Families
- Inclusive Shelter Environments for LGBTQ Youth and Adults
- Queer-Positive Prenatal Class
- Queer and Trans Family Planning (in partnership with The LGBTQ Parenting Network)
Our training facilitators have lived experience within the LGBTQ community, and provide meaningful personal insight that supports the development of LGBTQ-inclusive environments.
We have helped a variety of organizations to foster and develop LGBTQ-inclusive environments, including Toronto Public Library, Toronto East General Hospital, Cooperative Housing Federation of Canada, Pride Toronto and the City of Toronto.
Book a free consultation to build a custom training program for your team.Laura Gibbon
Manager, Education and Training
416-355-6772 | LGibbon@The519.org