Program Types: New to Canada,
Settlement Support for Refugees and Newcomers
Settlement support for refugees and newcomers over the phone or in-person.
Who can join:
- LGBTQ+ asylum seekers, refugee claimants, convention refugees, protected persons, government-assisted refugees, or permanent residents (18+ in age, and living in Toronto, GTA, or Southern Ontario), OR
- Non-LGBTQ+ convention refugees, protected persons, government-assisted refugees, or permanent residents (18+ in age, and living in Toronto’s Downtown East area), OR
- Live-in caregivers (18+ in age, and living in Toronto, GTA, or Southern Ontario).
When and where:
- Mondays to Fridays (except statutory holidays)
- Sessions between 9:30am and 4pm
In-person at The 519 [519 Church St.] or over the phone (depending on client preference and appointment availability)
- Information & Referrals
- Filling Government Applications
- Safety Planning
- Ongoing Guidance
How to register:
- Click here to request an intake
- Call 416-392-6878 ext. 4000 any time. Leave a message with your name, current immigration status, and contact number.
- Staff will call you within 5-7 business days for a phone intake and schedule an appointment.
Note: The 519 calls always come from private/unknown numbers for privacy and confidentiality. Our staff will make 2 attempts to contact you. Please be available to take the call.
- New to Canada
- Support for Refugees and Newcomers
Contact Program Coordinator