The 519 commemorates the 23rd anniversary of the Trans Day of Remembrance (TDoR). Join us to honour the lives of the 2 Spirit, trans, and non-binary siblings we have lost to transphobia, hate crimes, illness, substance use, suicide, or murder.
- Opening Ceremony
- Candlelight Vigil
- Takeout Meal
- and more…
Sunday, November 20 • 2 to 4pm
Free. You can attend:
- In-person at Barbara Hall Park [519 Church St.]
- Virtually, via Zoom
RSVP is recommended for in person and needed to receive the Zoom Link:
Face masks are encouraged
Questions? Contact Community@The519.org
- The outdoor event is seated. The space will be covered by a tent and heating will be available.
- There will be an accessible seating space with live-streaming inside for folks who may desire/require more space. Masking will be required while indoors.
- Masks are recommended at all times. We will have extra masks available.
- On-site ASL interpretation and virtual automatic captioning will be available.
- If you have access needs, reach out to Rebecca at RHooton@The519.org.
Virtual attendance: The event will be streamed via Zoom. Everyone who RSVPed via Eventbrite will receive a link to the event a couple of hours before it begins.
Our theme for TDoR this year is Fuelling the Fire of Solidarity. We have always been here, and our diverse roots and lived experience is our strength. Our daily lives are impacted by our intersecting identities. We continue to feel the plight of our trans siblings across the world. We unite in solidarity, fuelled by our collective desire to create a world where we can all be safe in community. A world where we are loved, respected, and can just BE.
Join us in solidarity — not just on TDoR or other days of importance — but every day. As our coworkers, relatives, friends, neighbours, and community members, you can help keep each one of us safe by being there and advocating for safer spaces for us.
Call for Name Submissions
The 519 is in the process of gathering names of 2 Spirit, trans, and non-binary individuals whom we have lost.
If there is someone in your life you would like to honour, submit their name and we will include and honour them at our TDoR Memorial [at 519 Church St.].
Submit names no later than Friday, November 18, 2022.
- Trans Day of Remembrance 2022: Fuelling the Fire of Solidarity - Nov 20, 2022 (2:00 pm - 4:00 pm)