The annual Income Tax Clinic assists low-income community members ( with earnings under $40,000) with calculating and preparing income tax forms. Clinic volunteers assess, prepare and file clients income tax forms.
- Assist clients with filling out all necessary and relevant current-year tax.
- Ensure that clients have all necessary documentation
- Provide adequate referrals to clients who cannot be assisted by The 519 Income Tax Clinic
- Work with staff and volunteers to ensure the smooth coordination of the appointment schedule and preparing of tax forms
- Ensure that clinic statistics and forms are prepared accurately
- General knowledge of Ontario/Canada tax and benefit forms
- Previous experience with Ontario Tax forms (filing out personal forms)
- Basic accounting skills
- Understanding of issues faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual and queer (LGBTQ) people, people with low incomes or who live in poverty, and people whose first language is not English.
- Experience filing taxes electronically is an asset
- Tax Completion Professionals
- Tax Clinic Hosts who assist in an administrative role
The Tax clinic runs from March through April each year. Volunteer schedules are flexible based on volunteer availability.
If you would like to applyplease clock on the Apply button below or if you would receive more information please send an email to Osmel Guerra Maynes- Specialist, Volunteer and Community Enagagement