The annual Income Tax Clinic assists low-income community members (earnings under $40,000) with calculating and preparing income tax forms. Clinic volunteers assess, prepare and file clients income tax forms.
- Assist clients with filling out all necessary and relevant current-year tax.
- Ensure that clients have all necessary documentation
- Provide adequate referrals to clients who cannot be assisted by The 519 Income Tax Clinic
- Work with staff and volunteers to ensure the smooth coordination of the appointment schedule and preparing of tax forms
- Ensure that clinic statistics and forms are prepared accurately
- Understanding of issues faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual and queer (LGBTQ) people, people with low incomes or who live in poverty, and people whose first language is not English.
- General knowledge of Ontario/Canada tax and benefit forms
- Previous experience using UFile an asset
- Competency in Spanish, French, Mandarin, Urdu, and Hindi an asset
- Tax Filers
- Tax Clinic Hosts, who assist with welcoming and orienting clients
The Tax clinic runs from March through April each year. Volunteer schedules are flexible based on volunteer availability.
Here are the steps that are required for volunteers that have not yet registered for the CVITP.
- Register yourself as a volunteer under the heading “How to volunteer”
- Register for an EFILE account at the following address under the heading “How can I apply”
- If you already have an EFILE number then renew.
- Register for your EFILE number here
If you would like to apply please click on the Apply button below or if you would receive more information please send an email to Volunteer@The519.org.
Apply now Tax Filer Volunteer
Apply now Tax Clinic Host Volunteer