[Updated: February 2019]
Crisis Lines – call any time of day, any day of the week
Kids Help Phone:
- Chat www.kidshelpphone.ca
- Wed-Sun, 6pm - 2am
Gerstein Crisis Centre: 416-929-5200
Trans Life Line: 1-877-330-6366 | www.translifeline.org
LGBT Youth Line: peer support for 2SLGBTQ youth 29 and under – Call, text, or chat online with a supportive person 4:00 - 9:30pm (closed Saturdays).
- phone: 1-800-268-9688
- text: 647-694-4275
- chat: www.youthline.ca
Mood Disorders Assoc. of Ontario – LGBTQ2S Peer Support Drop-in Group. Specifically for folks for identify as having a mood disorder. No participant limit.
- 36 Eglinton Ave, Suite 602
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, 7 - 9pm
Skylark – free walk-in counselling clinics for kids and youth 0-25. No health card or appointment required. First come, first serve basis.
- Skylark ‘what’s up’ Walk-in Clinic— See website for hours
- 65 Wellesley St East, Unit 500
- 416-482-0081 ext. 333
- Skylark YouthCan Impact Walk-in Clinic — See website for hours
- 40 Orchard View Blvd, Unit 102
- 416-482-0081 ext. 282
Egale Youth Outreach – free counselling for youth 15-29.
- 290 Shuter Street
- 416-964-7887 ext. 9
- Pre-booked and drop-in appointments are available.
- Drop in hours are Monday to Friday from 3-8pm.
‘What’s Up’ Walk-in Clinic – free drop-in counselling for youth at 6 locations.
- See website for hours and locations
Stella’s Place - Mental health support for youth ages 16 to 29, individual & group services.
EdgeWest Counselling Services – free counselling for youth 29 and under. For people living in the area of Islington to Bathurst, Bloor to Eglinton, plus Mount Dennis.
- 1900 Davenport Rd, Toronto, ON
- Call 416-652-4363 to book a counselling appointment
- Open Mondays and Wednesdays, 4-8pm; Saturdays, 10am-2pm
ReachOUT at the Griffin Centre – Counselling for LGBTQ youth 12-18.
- No waitlist
- 1126 Finch Ave West, Unit 16
- Counsellors can also meet you closer to where you live
- Email email@example.com
- call/text 416-738-1322 to do an intake.
Central Toronto Youth Services: Pride & Prejudice Program – Free counselling for youth 12-25.
- 65 Wellesley Street East, Suite 300
- 416-924-2100 ext. 245
Planned Parenthood Toronto – Health care and case coordination for people 13-29.
- 36 Prince Arthur Ave
Youth Outreach Workers at the Griffin Centre
- 1126 Finch Ave West, Unit 16, counsellors can also meet you closer to where you live
- Elvia: firstname.lastname@example.org | 416-738-8210
- Shayen: email@example.com | 647-523-7063
Substance Use & Addictions
Pieces to Pathways, Drop-in Groups – for LGBTTQQ2SIA folks ages 16 to 29.
- 21 Strickland Ave
- 647-209-2043 (call or text)
ACT SPUNK! Program – group programming for young GBQT guys.
Low-Cost and Free Services for GBQT Guys
OurSpace – free peer support counselling (from an RSW), workshops & events.
The Gatehouse – Supports, resources and advocacy on behalf of those impacted by childhood sexual abuse.
- 3101 Lakeshore Blvd. W
- 416 255-5900
ACT Towel Talk – free. Support, resources and advocacy on behalf of those impacted by childhood sexual abuse.
- View schedules on website
- 416-340-8484 ext. 289
Wellness and Support Groups
Sherbourne Health Centre – Supporting Our Youth (SOY) – social support groups.
- 333 Sherbourne St.
Counselling & Support Referrals: Youth and Young Adults